Here is another really cool Tactical rifle based on the Tikka T3 Tac. Some very interesting parts we don’t commonly see in the Canadian market.
The MPOD arrived on 26 december.
I’ve been putting in some handy work to put some threaded sleeves in the forend and attach the rail with two metric allen screws.
See the result in the attached pictures.
My set up is as follows:
- Tikka T3 TAC in .308W (basically only the 24” barrel, short action and trigger assembly);
- Roedale Precision M18x1 threaded muzzle break;
- GRS laminated wood long range stock;
- Konuspro M30 8.5-32×52 scope
- And… a Mystic Precision MPOD
I expect to enjoy shooting it again in January, and will let you know how it goes. If all’s well, I will put out a positive review on the “vuurwapens.net” forum in The Netherlands.
Just one quick question that came to mind – the ski’s are smooth on the underside. I am shooting from a flat concrete floor. Would glueing on some rubber pads be advisable? [Told to put a piece of thick nap carpet under the feet and things will track superbly]
Thanks again for the fast service!